Calcasieu Parish begins private property debris removal
Applications will start being accepted at the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury on Monday, July 26. This is for a program that will assist eligible property owners in the parish's areas affected by Hurricanes and are related to demolition and debris removal.
This program is being spearheaded by Tetra Tech and 90 percent of the cost will be incurred by the parish and be reimbursed by FEMA. Each property has to undergo a field survey and be approved by FEMA to give eligibility. The following listed below will not qualify.
- Vacant Lots
- Unimproved properties
- Unused or unmaintained property areas
- Debris on agricultural lands used for cops or livestock,
- Concrete slabs or foundations on grade
If you want to know if you are eligible, you must visit the Parish Intake Center 901 Lakeshore Drive, fifth floor to complete the application, sign the ROE agreement and submit the necessary documentation.
- A copy of the property insurance policy, if the property is insured, including detailed policy with cover page and itemized statement of coverage
- · A proof of loss/statement of loss from the insurance company, if the property was insured at the time of Hurricane Laura
- · A COLOR copy of owner’s driver’s license or identification
- · Proof of ownership, such as a warranty deed, tax statement, etc.
The Parish Intake Center is open from 8 a.m-5 p.m, Monday- Friday beginning July 26. If you would like additional information, contact Tetra Tech's Private Property Debris Removal and Demolition Program hotline at 337-230-2627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org